Pros and Cons
Rain gutters are your primary line of defense against flooding. However, most homeowners or business property owners often overlook regular cleaning and maintenance. That simple mistake may result in bigger problems and uncontrolled hefty expenses down the road. The task may be tedious and time-consuming. Hiring a professional company to handle the job will make things easier since these companies have the proper tools, equipment, and skilled gutter cleaners.
Gutter guards are known to help protect and prevent your rain gutters from clogged leaves or any dirt particles – saving you time from the hassle of a dangerous task. It could also mean less frequent cleaning and maintenance. Not everyone agrees that gutter guard installation is worth the time, effort, and cost. Gutter guards can be costly and some believe that it is not worth the investment.
There are various kinds of gutter guards available in the market.
- Mesh gutter guards are metal sheets filled with small holes that covers the gutter and are attached to the roof shingles.
- Reverse curve gutter guards help position the water downwards and let the leaves fall down to the ground.
- Foam gutter guards are made of plastic fitted directly to the rain gutter blocking dirt particles and debris from going in.
- Bottlebrush gutter guards allow the debris and dirt particles to rest on top of the gutter while water flows away. These are normally comprised of bristles that are faced straight-up inside the rain gutter.
- Nylon gutter guards have unique designs that are ideal during the winter season. These prevent and protect gutters from snow build-up and freezing.
Some experts believe that it is ideal to use gutter guards. They may not be maintenance free but having them installed can help lessen the time spent cleaning and avoid unnecessary accidents.
An expert gutter cleaning company like Akron Gutter Cleaning Crew can help you decide the best gutter guard system for your property. It is still, however, advisable to have regular cleaning and maintenance of your gutters every 6 months as some gutter guards may be difficult to clean once fully clogged.
With that said, here are a few pros and cons of having gutter guards:
- Helps your gutter free of nests built by rodents and birds
- Reduces the need to have frequent gutter cleaning
- Can be added to the existing gutter structure
- Eliminates build-up of stagnant rainwater or snow, which could eventually back up and overflow into your property or serve as a breeding ground for mosquitoes or insects.
- Installation can be costly, ranging from $800 to thousands of dollars.
- Still requires occasional cleaning as gutter guards are not usually 100% foolproof.
- Some gutter guards can be heavy and can cause the center of your gutter to droop.
The concept behind gutter guard installation is to decrease the burden of having to clean your gutters every now and then. Make sure that it is properly installed and done by a professional.
Let Akron OH Gutter Cleaning handle this job for you. We have our trained gutter specialists who know the right material for your property. Contact us today and learn more about our services.